A relaunch of Cormanthor

• 4 replies

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
A relaunch of Cormanthor
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »
With EE on the horizon, it looks like NWN is getting a fresh breath of life. I'm currently looking into getting the old module restored and running again on NWN 1.69 (i.e NWN as it stands now), with a view to upgrading to EE once that is released and if it is widely enough adopted (it's a standalone so essentially you buy the game again but it's the new improved version)

I know some of you still check here, if you're still in touch with old players feel free to direct them back here.

I am making no promises that I'll be able to get this up and running in good order, and though I aim to get the old vault restored I can't make any promises just yet.

I have made a Discord channel (if you haven't used it, it's like IRC and an IM program had a baby), again feel free to join and share with interested parties

Click this invite link: https://discord.gg/k764rA9  (new)

Also, I just opened the module in the toolset and got a whole bunch of nostalgia feels.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:39:53 AM by Eredruie »
Her skin is pale, her eyes are red,
Her leaden voice commands the dead,
To rise and stand beside their dreadful queen.
No mortal power escapes her thrall,
Her hunger will consume us all,
And even now I hear her call: Jolene

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
Re: A potential relaunch of Cormanthor
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »
So, for the good news...

I have the module running locally with a clean database as I am still waiting to see what data remains from the olden days. Still some testing to do, but the !commands and languages are working, XP is tracking, and so the bulk of things appear to be working.

This is exciting, guys!  ;D

I still have some further testing to get done locally before I look at putting it on a separate server and rolling toward a relaunch. Still have yet to determine what we have from the BeforetimesTM.

More updates and ranting occurs in the Discord channel, btw! Join me! Tell your friends :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:41:55 PM by Eredruie »

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
Re: A relaunch of Cormanthor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
Progress update!

We have hosting on the way thanks to the very kind StilleVande. Once this is set up we'll be hosting the module in development to iron things out and make sure everything is functional for launch. We are tentatively aiming for a player launch in March. An actual date will come in due course.

I'm working on the module in the background, looking to update to include some of the history of the server and acknowledge some of the PCs who made an impact on the story in our previous incarnation. I am open to nominations but I have some things in mind already :)

Hopefully I'll have some more concrete updates to post in the next few weeks!

In the meantime, I'm open to volunteers for the Build team (there's lots to do to expand the server!) and applications for DMing. We already have a DM team assembled and beginning to look at where we can go story-wise from (re)launch :)

Don't forget to tell your friends about us - especially old players who haven't checked the forum in ages!

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:25:53 AM »
Status update - the module as it stands will be on its hosting in the next week or two (all being well) so we can finish testing and getting a few of our launch changes in place.

We have a freshly assembled DM team comprising of old players who know and love the module, and some volunteers for the build team so the expansion of overland & dungeons is set to get underway.

In the meantime, I've reinstated the Wiki with its old data (there are a few quirks that I've yet to iron out but old logins should all be working - holler at me if you have any problems!) and archived a couple of forums so that we can make a fresh start in some areas.

For now, feel free to chit chat in the forum or join us in Discord, where I'll be able to answer questions and give sneak peeks and updates. I'll also be looking at recruiting people for some testing once the module is up for testing so if anyone would like to help, please ensure you download the haks and join the Discord :)

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:16:36 PM »
A week without updates? Whaaat?

So some new areas are in the pipeline, with some new dungeons planned for a future release.

We also now have server hosting, so I'll be spending some time getting the module running and fully tested in its new environment and getting our DM team up to speed with the module and systems.

We're still absolutely on track to be live for March, yay!