The Old That Is Strong Does Not Wither [Oct 17]

• 14 replies

ides

• Lead Builder
  • Builder
    • ides#4781
The Old That Is Strong Does Not Wither [Oct 17]
« on: October 02, 2020, 03:12:16 AM »
West of Ashabenford, between that town and Peldan's Helm, is a broad swathe of farmland peppered with smallholdings. A way off the road and down a disused path, lies a lumpy open meadow dressed with tattered flags, crumbling statues, and a lonely stone building with stained glass windows and a heavy door.

In recent years the door has been boarded up by patrolmen of the Riders of Mistledale, though this does not seem to deter some adventurers are treasure-seekers. Patrols continue to board up the door - whether there is anyone still inside or not.

Lerin of Gulthmere Forest and the Elder Grove, the Big Cheese of Essembra, Tamer of Nymphs, Breeder of Women, Lover of Bears, has taken an interest in that foul place Mistrans call The Silent Chapel. He's secured the blessings of Oakfather Gannon and the assistance of Oakengrove Abbey. He's gathered strange relics and stranger rituals. He's enlisted the aid of gallant, greedy, brave, and brazen adventurers.

Now it is time to return it to nature.

But when? 2pm EST / 6pm UTC / 7pm BST on October 17th or 18th? If your character is part of Lerin's party and you have a preference, please post below. I will choose the day sometime early next week so that people can plan ahead.

If you are not part of said party but would like to be, contact me or Loman or find Lerin ingame.

If you have less aligned interests in this whole ordeal you may also contact me ahead of time.

Happy haunting!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:37:19 PM by Druie »
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night

Loman

• Loman#1137
Re: The Old That Is Strong Does Not Wither [Scheduling] [TBD: Oct 17/18]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 09:10:32 AM »
Either day works for me, but leaning towards Saturday 17th as a preference.
But just think how cute he will look with a little saddle and stirrups.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
I'm also not picky about the day, but Saturday would be my choice, too.

Alexb83

• The notorious B.I.G.gles
    • CMDR Alex
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 12:52:07 PM »
Saturday for me, too!
"Jamais on ne fait le mal si pleinement et si gaiement que quand on le fait par conscience."

"Her lips were red, her looks were free, Her locks were yellow as gold: Her skin was white as leprosy, The Night-mare Life-in-Death was she, who thicks man's blood with cold."

fractal

• El-ahrairah
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »
Leaning towards Sat the 17th but I'm good with either

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 02:31:48 PM »
Good with either!

Shug

• Covfefe#1509
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »
I can do either day

ides

• Lead Builder
  • Builder
    • ides#4781
Re: The Old That Is Strong Does Not Wither [Oct 17]
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 03:36:32 AM »
Oct 17 it is. See you all then!
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night

Yrgael

• Haunspeir Harlot
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 10:30:15 PM »
Is there stuff to be kilt? Where do I sigh up?
corsair, brigand and reaver with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirths.

ides

• Lead Builder
  • Builder
    • ides#4781
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 06:06:15 AM »
@Yrgael I don't know what Loman's schedule looks like this week, but I should be around this weekend. If I see you online I'll try to reel you in.

JuJuBeez

• Mama Badger
    • JuJuBeez#2411
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 08:00:09 PM »
I can do either day.

Loman

• Loman#1137
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 03:15:34 PM »
((As this is drawing closer, I thought it would be good to have a group meet-up some time this week, ahead of the event this weekend, so he can ask a few people to be prepared to do a few things for him on the day.

Those of you already involved:

Let's meet up one evening this week? I can't do Wednesday, but am free all other days. I can be free between 5PM - 10PM UTC, with sufficient notice. I don't foresee this being a huge session, just touching base, making sure everyone is still on board, answering any last minute questions and detailing a few steps of his plan he wants to make sure are clear.

Those of you that want to get involved:

[I'm looking at you, @Yrgael and @JuJuBeez]

More than happy for other people to get involved, providing this doesn't cause any problems for our DM. I would like everyone attending to have spoken to my character in-game so that they know exactly what they're getting themselves in for. Throw me a message and we can arrange a meetup. Barring that, watch this space and tag along to this meeting if you think that'll be easier for you.))

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 05:06:30 PM »
5-10pm UTC is during my entire work day, I’m afraid, but I’m more than happy to do some offline back and forth if you like, @Loman. IC letters, maybe? Whatever works.

Loman

• Loman#1137
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 11:06:21 AM »
@Caderousse - Not a problem, I'll write up an in-character message and PM you on here.

The rest o'y'all - Nobody has offered a preferred time so I'm going to be online on Thursday 15th October, 6 PM UTC-ish to try and touch base with any involved/that wants to get involved.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 09:21:42 PM »
Lerin hired Kor to attend, so he'll be there. (his brother Nor will not be attending, as his player "goatte" is busy on saturday)