Greengrass Festival - May 2nd 2020 [All Day]

• 1 replies

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
Greengrass Festival - May 2nd 2020 [All Day]
« on: April 19, 2020, 06:47:04 PM »
With spring underway, the Dalesfolk look forward to the traditional festival of Greengrass coming between the months of Tarsakh (April) and Mirtul (May).

Essembra is abuzz with preparations - the festival grounds have begun to be dressed and entertainers and merchants of all stripes are making their way to Battledale's largest town. The Lord of Battledale's staff have put the word out that local and transient adventurers with any talent in entertainment or the mercantile profession are welcome - and encouraged - to ply their trade.

Locals look forward to the usual festival contests - much buildup has been made for the pie-eating contest, something which Essembra's festivals have become widely known for. In addition, archery contests will be held. Parties interested in taking part in a potential jousting festival should make themselves known to the authorities so that a contest may be arranged if enough capable horsemen sign up.

What: Let's get together and have a party with some fun games and activities!

Where: The festival is held in the grounds of Aencar's Keep, south of Essembra. Turn east off Ruathavyr's Road at the Ghost Holds.

Who: Anyone and everyone is welcome - new and old players. Feel free to bring existing characters or roll up a novelty character for the occasion.

When: Saturday May 2nd, throughout the day. DMs will be around as much as we're able to cover multiple prime times, but we also encourage players to jump in at any time and make use of the festival ground at Aencar's Keep.

We will be offering additional Achievement XP to player characters who contribute to hosting/running activities throughout the festival. Examples we've had in the past include fortune telling, potion-selling, wrestling/bare-knuckle boxing, puppet shows, magic shows, costumed theatrical plays, bardic performances - but you're welcome to come up with your own ideas! Please contact me before the event if you'd like some kind of signage or a tent or table or other reasonable props placed down in the grounds and I'll see what I can do. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:49:14 PM by Druie »
Her skin is pale, her eyes are red,
Her leaden voice commands the dead,
To rise and stand beside their dreadful queen.
No mortal power escapes her thrall,
Her hunger will consume us all,
And even now I hear her call: Jolene

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
Re: Greengrass Festival - May 2nd 2020 [All Day]
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 07:44:52 PM »
We'll be on hand to run some of the contests from:

1pm Eastern / 5pm UTC/GMT

(Not sure what time that is for you? Check here: https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/)

We'll also be holding some contest rounds later in the US evening for those who cannot make this time. We'll coordinate in Discord chat for those who want to join in then :)

Please join us and shake off some of the quarantine stir-craziness with some light-hearted hijinx!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:48:14 PM by Druie »
Her skin is pale, her eyes are red,
Her leaden voice commands the dead,
To rise and stand beside their dreadful queen.
No mortal power escapes her thrall,
Her hunger will consume us all,
And even now I hear her call: Jolene