Peace at the Pool

• 1 replies

Loman

• Dungeon Master
    • Loman#1137
Peace at the Pool
« on: January 16, 2019, 03:51:49 PM »
Many travellers to Essembra in the last few days have come into town with a similar story. Out in the Three Rivers Land, a strange glimmer of light had been seen circling high above the Pool of Yeven, keening screeches ringing out over the snow-clad landscape. Those that had braved going close enough to the Pool itself reported its surface wild and lashing, almost like the surface of a stormy sea.

Then, quite abruptly, it all stopped. An unnatural stillness seemed to spread across the pool. Where once there were crashing waves, now a falling leaf striking its surface produced barely a ripple. Deep into the middle of the lake, that pinpoint of light had come to rest and there it stayed for a number of days.

Then, one day, that point of light had streaked up into the sky once more, a shrill call echoing out across the Pool. Just behind it, a smaller, glimmering twinkle trailed in its path.

News of this story, however, was ill-received by Clarence; the poor unfortunate soul that had first come into town with news of the disturbance. Grumbling away at his fourth ale of the evening, he quietly curses that rotten Orhart, that deceitful Veslain, that untrustworthy Masil and that downright uncouth Spot!

'I told them to kill the blasted thing. Now it'll be after me, oh I just know it. Oh has there ever been as unlucky a soul as me?'
But just think how cute he will look with a little saddle and stirrups.

Re: Peace at the Pool
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 07:54:02 PM »
The continues days small dead animals are to be found near Clarence. Now what would be the cause of that? Moreover what would be the purpose!?