Cormanthor has patched to NWN:EE 1.78, feat. NWSync!

• 6 replies

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
Cormanthor has patched to NWN:EE 1.78, feat. NWSync!
« on: November 21, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
The server updated overnight to 1.78 (8186) so you can freely patch your game and log in with the version live on Steam, BD client, and GOG Galaxy.

If you rolled back to 'oldstable' before we updated, don't forget to go into your Steam library, right click Neverwinter Nights, select 'Properties', find the 'betas' tab, and deselect 'oldstable'. (You'll want the current live version, not the developer one.)

(new) The new patch notably brings NWSync, an auto-downloader for haks. We've got this set up and it should deliver files to you automatically when you connect if you haven't got them. We're excited about how much easier this is going to make our continued upgrades and additions to the world :)

If you have any issues, please get in touch via the #help channel on our Discord server.
"Just like old times. Well, except for the torture and all."

Billy

Re: Cormanthor has patched to NWN:EE 1.78, feat. NWSync!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 12:48:22 PM »
Was there actually an update to the Cormanthor haks?  Today when I logged on the game told me I didn't have the required files and made me download 5GB.
Billy Greenbottle

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 04:57:16 PM »
No, there hasn't been a hak update.

I haven't had a chance to test NWsync yet (at work all day) but I suspect if you're using Steam Workshop it doesn't understand that you already downloaded the haks via subscribing as they are stored in your Steam install rather than with your NWN data.

Not sure how it behaves if the haks are already in your hak folder from a manual download.

edit: Unfortunately it looks like it forces a full redownload.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:12:43 PM by Druie »

Billy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »
Since the download was so big, should I assume that it included all the stuff that was previously labeled as 'optional', even including overrides that will affect play on all servers?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:29:49 PM by Billy »
Billy Greenbottle

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »
No, the optional files remain optional and still need to be manually downloaded if you want to use them in your overrides.

NWsync will just give you the essential files to play on the server.

Billy

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
OK good, I was just confused because the game said the download was 5GB and the required download is not nearly that big.  Maybe the game is just not good at seeing the real file size.  Or maybe it really is 5GB when it is not zipped up.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 12:33:58 PM by Billy »
Billy Greenbottle

Druie

• Administrator
    • Eredruie#4278
    • Cormanthor Wiki
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 08:40:22 AM »
Or maybe it really is 5GB when it is not zipped up.

This is more likely :) Our manual downloads were all compressed so it was easier to download them, thats why it looked like they were smaller.