Threatening Rumors

• 2 replies

Archfriend

• Dungeon Master
Threatening Rumors
« on: August 27, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
There are rumors circulating Essembra that the Lord's Men may have been alerted of some looming threat to the people of Battledale, recently discovered by a group of adventurers. Essembra's Men-at-Arms have been tight-lipped on the matter, though perhaps merely to avoid inciting unnecessary panic, but Swordcaptains Ryman Whiteshield and Birvon Bloodhorn have been seen around old town, marshalling their men and leading them out into the forest.
"You are wonderful." "Thank you; I've worked hard to become so." "I admit it, you are better than I am." "Then why are you smiling?" "Because I know something you don't know." "And what is that?" "I... am not left-handed."

Alexb83

• The notorious B.I.G.gles
    • CMDR Alex
Said the Dwarf: 'I'll threaten your rumors'
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 10:21:52 PM »
Brynnar of the Dwarves emerged blinking into the light of an Oldtown morning from the local Library, her flame-scarred face and head now covered in a few month's worth of patchy, untamed hair growth and her dark eyes gleaming with a baleful ire for the noisy men at arms being marshalled out front.

At her back, a white knuckled librarian Librarian gripped the door-jam, full of a fresh and desperate hope that the until-recently itinerant woodsdwarf would be on her way and none too soon to return, Thank You very much.

The Dwarf seemed about ready to shout the Swordcaptains and their men gathering in the streets down until a hapless local - one either too slow or too stupid to escape her grip - came within collaring distance and was gruffly 'persuaded' to circulate the aforementioned rumours into Brynnar's ear.

"Brynnar is my name." She announced loudly to the most proximate Swordcaptain, slinging a greataxe over her shoulder, and planting her hands on hips that bristled with a veritable armoury of additional weapons. "I'm a ranger of some skill. For a modest wage and trail rations each day I'll guide you and your men to whate'er it is you seek out in the woods - and lend my axe to any fight."

"What say you?"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:31:38 PM by Alexb83 »
"Jamais on ne fait le mal si pleinement et si gaiement que quand on le fait par conscience."

"Her lips were red, her looks were free, Her locks were yellow as gold: Her skin was white as leprosy, The Night-mare Life-in-Death was she, who thicks man's blood with cold."

Archfriend

• Dungeon Master
Re: Threatening Rumors
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 02:28:16 AM »
The Swordcaptain looked to be about to issue an order or two to a pair of Essembra's Men-at-Arms before all three turned to behold the gruff dwarf woman shouting at them. Ryman Whiteshield listened, then considered her offer and the dwarf herself carefully before speaking.

"A ranger, you say? Very well, you will have your wage and rations." He paused to gesture one of the more senior looking Lord's Man of the two. "This is Swordmajor Hurgurn, his group lacked a proficient tracker until now so you will assist him and his men in their appointed tasks. Follow his orders, Brynnar, and you will earn your keep." Whiteshield mounted his horse before addressing his subordinates once again, issuing their orders before riding out of Old Town along with several more Lord's Men.

Once the Swordcaptain had departed, Swordmajor Hurgurn regarded the strange dwarven woman. "Right, gather your things. We have no time to spare."
"You are wonderful." "Thank you; I've worked hard to become so." "I admit it, you are better than I am." "Then why are you smiling?" "Because I know something you don't know." "And what is that?" "I... am not left-handed."